Sunday 18 September 2011

Net Fence, vs. Wire Mesh Fence


It rained hard the whole day today so I stayed indoors, there wasn't much that I could do outside. I spent the day reading some agricultural magazines and I slept for most of the afternoon until it was time to make supper. I hope the weather will be better tomorrow so we could continue the work in the new garden. I'm thinking of fencing the new garden to ward off the neighbor's free-range chickens and dogs that likes to play there.  The fence that I had in mind is more of a net fencing material actually just like the ones that are used for shade to filter the sun's rays so it doesn't burn the plants. They come in 6 feet high and in two colors, black and green. I could buy them by the meter but I'll have to measure the area that I want to fence off first. I've used this net materials before over my Anthurium flowers some years ago. I had to double the net when I used them to protect the flowers from direct sunlight. I may need some steel posts to hold the nets up in place as these are 6 feet tall, maybe even a bamboo pole will do if I can get some from my friend Mary. My other option is to remove the old wire mesh fence in the backyard garden and transfer this to the new hill garden. The chickens in the backyard are all fenced off in their chicken coop and run anyway so they could not really come into the backyard garden except for the escape artist in the group who still manages to find its way out somehow every once in a while.   Oh well, I suppose I can always put the escape artist in the stew pot when the time comes because we have two roos already and only one is needed to fertilize the eggs of 10 hens. Besides, two roos is a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment